Ten Tips for Dog Park Etiquette
- Know each dog park’s rules, and follow them.
- Keep your dog leashed until you’re inside the park’s fenced area.
- Never leave your dog unattended, even in an off-leash dog park.
- Maintain voice control over your dog at all times.
- If your dog starts to play too rough, leash him or her and leave the park immediately.
- Don’t bring toys that dogs could fight over to the dog park.
- Keep your dog’s vaccinations up-to-date.
- Never bring a female dog in heat to a dog park.
- Always clean up after your dog.
- A dog park is not a great place for small children — if children are with you, watch them closely.
Find a Dog Park in Canada
Please select a province: